Thank you for participating in the on-line Orientation Session. We hope that you have been provided with sufficient information to make an informed decision about volunteering at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Windsor Essex. Once you have made your decision, here are the next steps in the process: 1. Once you have completed the Evaluation Form on the following page and provided your contact information, you will have the option to print a Volunteer Application and Volunteer Permission and Release Form. These forms must be signed and submitted to the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Windsor Essex office at 3050 Jefferson Blvd. East, Windsor, Ontario. Be sure to include all necessary information required for us to contact your references. Please let them know that we will be contacting them. It is important to note that we will be unable to accept your Volunteer Application without a signed Volunteer Permission and Release form attached.
2. It is important to obtain a Police Clearance Form and a Volunteer Handbook from the Big Brothers Big Sisters office when submitting your application.
3. You must read the Volunteer Handbook in its entirety and call the Big Brothers Big Sisters office with any questions.
4. Submit to your Local Police Services your Police Clearance form for processing. It is advisable to submit your police clearance form as soon as possible as the process may be quite lengthy depending on the Municipality. They will let you know when it will be ready.
5. Upon submitting your Volunteer Application and Volunteer Permission and Release Form, you will be asked to sign up for a pre-match training session particular to your program of interest.
NON-PROGRAM VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
If you are unable to commit to a match with a child, you can still volunteer in one of the following areas:
• Committees (Board Development, Program, Special Activities, Human Resources, Fund Development)
• Events (Battle of the Hors D’Oeuvres, Bowl for Kids Sake, BBQs)
• Public Relations (assisting at community displays, making contacts to obtain prizes / donations for events, presentations)
• Office Assistance (data entry, assisting with mailings, faxing / photo copying, errands / deliveries)
If you are interested in volunteering in one of these areas, please click HERE