Teen Mentoring Program
• A school-based program which provides an elementary school student with a unique one to one relationship with a Teen Mentor
• A Teen Mentor is a high school student selected by school personnel to participate based on their ability to be a positive role model
• Matches high school students with elementary school students who meets with them in school only
• The program consists of a supervised weekly one hour visit between a Teen Mentor and Mentee with the focus on building a friendship
• Requires a commitment of one hour a week for one school year at minimum
• Matches participate in a wide range of activities such as baking cookies, crafts, board games, playing basketball, painting nails, picnics, etc.
• This program is delivered in partnership with local high schools and elementary schools and teens can only participate if they are referred to the program