- Every child fulfills her potential?
- Every child is set on the right path today?
- Every child in Canada finishes high school, goes to college or university, gets a job and gives back to their community?
Wouldn't that be something?
Big Sisters Mentoring
The Big Sisters Mentoring program provides girls and young women with a role model and a friend to talk to and share the experiences of growing up with. Through regular outings, a relationship is developed between the mentor and the mentee, that is built on trust and common interests, and is supported by our experienced case-workers. The result is a life-changing experience for both the mentor and the mentee.
The Big Sisters Mentoring program usually requires two regularly scheduled outings a month of several hours each and a minimum of 1 year commitment.
The program strives to do the following:
- provide a role model and a friend for girls and young women.
- promote the importance of staying in school and healthy relationships with family and peers.
- instill trust and self-confidence in order to make healthy decisions.
- encourage leadership skills and independent thinking.
- and above all, make a difference while having fun.
If you would like to learn more about becoming a mentor, click HERE to take our online orientation today!